Hi there!

The title says it all

Hi there!

Postby Coliseum » Tue May 06, 2014 8:32 am

Hello Villains!

I never said goodbye properly when I stopped playing a few months ago. Good to see you're still keeping QW on life support! And, without wanting to go too sentimental on your collective asses, I do occasionally miss the game and the people I played it with. ;)

Nowadays I don't game nowhere near as much as I used to, but when I do you can usually find me in Blizzard's Hearthstone. Feel free to add me, nick is, was and probably always will be Coliseum.

~Coli
Coliseum

Re: Hi there!

Postby dvs0ne » Tue May 06, 2014 10:38 am

Hey Coli, missed playing with you. :(
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
dvs0ne
Site Admin

Postby DrFunkenstein » Tue May 06, 2014 12:54 pm

Hello, and good see you found our little corner on the internet, not an easy thing these days :P .

Dr. Funkenstein
How easy it must be not to think of nipple clamps!
DrFunkenstein

Postby singing_fish » Tue May 06, 2014 4:55 pm

Coli, we miss you !
Come back if you are done with that casual game :p

Maybe once there will be a game where we all me meet again :(

cheers,
rené
singing_fish
Site Admin

Postby Coliseum » Tue May 06, 2014 6:42 pm

If only we could turn back the clock 6 years, to full, relatively lag free, servers and the whole Villa clan alive and kicking... :(

I'll check if I have an install and serial number lying around somewhere, but if not, I'll leave things the way they are. By the time I left past January I was desperate for something new. I felt like a robot, doing the same thing over and over again and watching the same few remaining players go through the same motions as well. Maybe Extraction will reunite us, but things have been awfully quiet at SD. That doesn't bode well imho and I think it will ultimately be up to a small indie studio to rekindle the Wolfenstein/Quake Wars flame. A bunch of guys coming in fresh, just as SD once did.

Nevertheless it's good to see you all and I'll be sure to stop by every now and then, if not ingame, then on these here forums at least. And René is very much correct: Hearthstone is nice, but nowhere near the awesomeness that is QW. Alas... :(
Coliseum

Postby singing_fish » Tue May 06, 2014 7:33 pm

Well spoken mate.
I would not offend hearthstone or any other other game even if it sound like that (ok, bf is an exception :p).
There are a lot of other games I see ppl playing if I look in my steam list e.g. But I see they play this and that for a few weeks only.
Myself was testing Titanfall. Oh yes, it's fast and funny but, like many others, it can't compete with QW.
In good old QW you can win a map with good teamwork against a opponent team full of highskillers. And after all, if you make it, you yell "yes, we made it!", you are happy and full of respect to you teammates.
In other games you win and lose and leave. Oh yes, at least, sometimes I get angry. Better than nothing. But QW... while playing QW my heart and soul is there. In this little gem splashdamge once created :)
Just last week I wrote to Activision because of the rights in ETQW. Offered them again as much as the price of whole Microprose (what a great gaming company) once was.
If we only can make QW f2p. There will be a huge comeback ;)
And you will love to see the same players back.. not feeling like a robot.

All the best,
rené
singing_fish
Site Admin

Postby Pan » Tue May 06, 2014 9:06 pm

Hey Coli :)
Im back to qw and you left?
I dont play much thanks to myself telling everyone im studying... but i can afford 20-60 min every 2. day
yeah thought about hearthstone i think i would like it but unfortunately i cant let myself sink into a new game atm
Freedom isn't about being able to do what you want to do.
Pan
Site Admin

Postby Coliseum » Wed May 07, 2014 8:14 am

singing_fish wrote:And you will love to see the same players back. Not feeling like a robot.

Well that depends... Are the Frenchies still stacking? :roll:

Maybe I shouldn't fan that particular fire... ;)
Coliseum

Postby DrFunkenstein » Wed May 07, 2014 3:47 pm

How dare you suggest they stack?

:lol:

Dr. Funkenstein
How easy it must be not to think of nipple clamps!
DrFunkenstein

Return to Off Topic